History of Bolair - "30 Years and Counting - Since 1982"
Bolair started in 1982 in Mississauga, Ontario by Leonard Haddow with several key employees and a full offering of sales and service of industrial pumping systems and accessories.
- The main manufacturer represented was Aro (now Ingersol Rand Aro)
- Leonard’s expertise and passion was two-component equipment, which resulted in his own designed and built “Bolaro-Cat” spray and dispense systems utilizing Aro pumps and air motors.
- In the late 1980’s, Bolair took on the Graco product line and became the recognized experts in two components coatings fields with both Aro and Graco pumping systems.
- In the early 1990’s Bolair began selling the Titan line of spray systems and pioneered the use of Titan spray machines modified for chemical grouting/water stop applications that are still widely used today.
- Bolair’s first “Spray Rig” was built and sold for an epoxy pipeline project in the U.S.
- Significant changes occurred in 2003 with Gregory and Cameron Haddow taking over the business and putting a strong focus on the spray foam market with Graco’s new Fusion and Reactor offerings.
- Significant and steady growth of the business occurred throughout the 2000’s with a strong presence across Canada.
- With limited “room to move” in our 3600sq.ft Mississauga facility, a new shell was purchased in late 2008 and we officially moved into our 10,000sq.ft facility in Halton Hills in April 2009.
- Expansion to Western Canada occurred in late 2009 with a branch in Edmonton, Alberta housed in a 2400sq.ft facility including a full service department. Our Edmonton facility was increased to 4800sq.ft in 2013.
- Further Western expansion occurred in May 2015 with the opening of a branch in Maple Ridge, BC also with a full service department.
- In addition to the existing markets served, in 2009 Bolair started strong efforts in polyurethane dispensing applications with Graco’s line of HFR Proportioners.
- Today, Bolair offers a wide variety of quality products from manufactures such as Graco, Wiwa, Titan/Speeflo, Europoliuretani, Ingersol Rand Aro, Nordson TAH, Betz Ink Pumps, Martech, Fruilair Dryers, Champion Compressors, and North Safety.
- With our team of highly trained and skilled employees, Bolair continues to lead the Two-Component spray and dispense industries today.
- Although Bolair has grown and changed significantly over its 30yr history, our core values and mission have not changed.