History of Bolair - "30 Years and Counting - Since 1982"
Bolair started in 1982 in Mississauga, Ontario by Leonard Haddow with several key employees and a full offering of sales and service of industrial pumping systems and accessories.
- The main manufacturer represented was Aro (now Ingersol Rand Aro)
- Leonard’s expertise and passion was two-component equipment, which resulted in his own designed and built “Bolaro-Cat” spray and dispense systems utilizing Aro pumps and air motors.
- In the late 1980’s, Bolair took on the Graco product line and became the recognized experts in two components coatings fields with both Aro and Graco pumping systems.
- In the early 1990’s Bolair began selling the Titan line of spray systems and pioneered the use of Titan spray machines modified for chemical grouting/water stop applications that are still widely used today.
- Bolair’s first “Spray Rig” was built and sold for an epoxy pipeline project in the U.S.
- Significant changes occurred in 2003 with Gregory and Cameron Haddow taking over the business and putting a strong focus on the spray foam market with Graco’s new Fusion and Reactor offerings.
- Significant and steady growth of the business occurred throughout the 2000’s with a strong presence across Canada.
- With limited “room to move” in our 3600sq.ft Mississauga facility, a new shell was purchased in late 2008 and we officially moved into our 10,000sq.ft facility in Halton Hills in April 2009.
- Expansion to Western Canada occurred in late 2009 with a branch in Edmonton, Alberta housed in a 2400sq.ft facility including a full service department. Our Edmonton facility was increased to 4800sq.ft in 2013.
- Further Western expansion occurred in May 2015 with the opening of a branch in Maple Ridge, BC also with a full service department.
- In addition to the existing markets served, in 2009 Bolair started strong efforts in polyurethane dispensing applications with Graco’s line of HFR Proportioners.
- Today, Bolair offers a wide variety of quality products from manufactures such as Graco, Wiwa, Titan/Speeflo, Europoliuretani, Ingersol Rand Aro, Nordson TAH, Betz Ink Pumps, Martech, Fruilair Dryers, Champion Compressors, and North Safety.
- With our team of highly trained and skilled employees, Bolair continues to lead the Two-Component spray and dispense industries today.
- Although Bolair has grown and changed significantly over its 30yr history, our core values and mission have not changed.
Bolair's Mission, Core Values and Principles
MISSION – OUR GOAL
As industry leaders in fluid handling solutions, our goal is improve the efficiency, quality, and ability of our customers to transfer, apply, mix and spray fluids.
MISSION – WHO WE ARE
We are a group of professionals, who come together as a cohesive team to serve our customers. We share a common focus of learning, training, sharing and utilizing our acquired skills and knowledge to enhance our business and industry. We strive to conduct our business with our core values and principles as the basis for our actions.
MISSION – OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE MANTRA
Every individual that interacts with us, the employees of Bolair, will leave with the impression "Wow, they really went out of their way to assist me!"
As a group of people who are Bolair Fluid Handling Systems, we are a team with a shared focus to:
- Respect our customers
- Respect our fellow employees
- Respect our visitors
- Respect our associates, suppliers and competitors
- Respect our shareholders
We place our customers and their requirements first. We take a long-term view of our relationship for our mutual benefit.
We strive to communicate effectively and continually to gain, maintain and improve our customer base. We utilize our knowledge and skill to enhance our product offerings.
We greet all customers, visitors and callers to Bolair with a consistent warm welcome and professional approach. We offer a well thought and quick response to all inquiries, regardless of the perceived value or potential of sale involved.
We treat our fellow employees with the level of respect that we would expect for ourselves. We, as employees and shareholders represent the core and fabric of Bolair and ultimately determine its reputation.
We treat each day as an opportunity to improve on what we did the previous day, to have careful thought and execute with excellence.